Restorative Yoga-Yoga Nidra, Level I Training with Maureen Miller, Yoga NH
11am-5pm on both Saturday and Sunday
Early bird pricing up until 10/9: $250; after that the investment is $275
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Restorative Yoga & Yoga Nidra (RY-YN) are practices that enhance happiness & joy and integrate the body-mind-spirit in a way that helps us deal with life’s challenges with a more positive mindset. The practices help to reduce stress, can have a positive effect with insomnia, and creates calmness in the body, mind & emotions. By slowing down (on and off the mat) we learn to live with awareness and intention and we are able to quiet the mind, find balance, and let go of judgment and expectations!
· The 2-day training includes:
What is Restorative Yoga?
· What is Yoga Nidra?
· The benefits of the practices
· Overview of the 8 limbs of Yoga and RY-YN
· The Koshas
· Teaching tips: cues, phrases, themes
· How to enhance poses (asanas) with RY props
· Asana Exploration (we’ll review up to 6 poses)
· Sequencing a Yoga Relax & Renew class (including both RY-YN)
· The 8 stages of Yoga Nidra
· 20-30 minute Yoga Nidra at the end of day 1
· 90-120 minute Yoga Relax & Renew class at the end of day 2
The RY-YN Level I training is open to all – you do not need to be a yoga teacher or teacher-in-training to attend. Some students attend to benefit their personal practice or to share with family and friends.